The following is an IMPORTANT NOTICE to all shooters members and non members visiting VSR on the 21st December 2009.
Sunday 21st December 2009: Only shooters intending to take part in the competition will be allowed to shoot at the Victoria Shooter Range tal - Handaq Qormi. The only shooting area allowed is the shooting range under the Skeet/Trap tent. ALL other shooting areas are out of bounds this includes the Air Pistol Dynamic Range and the Air Soft Area. Shooters that do not intend to take part in the competition do not have access to shoot until the competition is over.
NO ZEROING OR SHOOTING ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. SHOOTING COMMENCES ONLY DURING THE COMPETITION RUNS. COMPETITORS CAN ZERO AT 25M ONLY ON SATURDAY OR DURING THEIR RUN WHICH IS NORMAL FOR BENCH REST.
All shooters that intend to shoot the Bench Rest competition must follow these directions.
1. On arrival at the range parking can only take place at the back side of the range and not adjacent to the tent.
2. All air rifles and your equipment must be stored under the tent, and the Air Tanks in the indicated area.
3. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SHOOT NOR ZERO HIS SIGHTS.
4. Upon arrival register your entry with the MAAC Treasurer and pay the entry fee.
5. You will be given a sheet.
6. Take your rifle in case to the chrono station including pellets. Fill your PCP at home to your shooting pressure.
7. Give 5 pellets to the officer . These will be weighed to find your average pellet weight.
8. The officer will ask you to declare the fill pressure you use (PCP).
9. The 5 pellets will be fired through the chronograph to determine the seed in feet / sec for the 5 pellets. The average speed is calculated.
10. The officer will determine your air rifle power. If under 15ftlb you and this rifle will be assigned to Standard AR class below 15ftlb and you will shoot at 25m an ERABSF25 target.
11. If the officer determines your air rifle power over 15ftlbs you and this rifle will be assigned to Unlimited AR class over 15ftlbs and you will shoot at 25m an ERABSF50 target. (New AR rules for ERABSF).
12. When ready the air rifle must be cased and stored in the case. You will be given this info sheet and must keep it handy at all times.
13. Then you wait outside the shooter area until called by the Range Officer.
14. At 8.30 there will be the Safety Briefing.
15. The Range officer will call out the first 8 competitors.
16. The competitors will hand over the sheet to the Range officer and he/she will be assigned a bench and number.
17. The competitor can take out equipment and place it on bench. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LOAD PELLET OR MAGAZINES YET.
18. The Range officer will give you your target sheet. You fill your name and class.
19. The Range officer will send you to fix your target and return to your bench.
20. The Range officer will then when range is clear give you the order to fill and load.
21. The Range officer will give you to order to start and finish within 30 minutes.
22. At this point you can load and start shooting by zeroing on your sighters and continue with the targets. You have 30 minutes to complete this. You can get out of the bench only to refill by permission of the Range Officer. For any request or assistance to the Range officer the shooter must raise his hand. If the Range officer orders STOP SHOOTING at any point of the match, remove magazines, clear pellet safely and STOP Shooting.
23. After 15 minutes the Range Officer will give you a signal that 15 min remain.
24. After 25 minutes the Range Officer will give you a signal that 5 minutes remain.
25. After 30 minuted the Range Officer will give you signal to STOP SHOOTING, CLEAR AIR RIFLES.
26. You stop shooting, remove mags and make sure you are clear. NO ONE gets out of the bench until given an order by the Range Officer.
27. If all shooter finish before 30 minutes the Range officer will co-ordinate.
28. Once all rifles are checked clear by the range officer he will order you to case rifles.
29. After all rifles are cased he will order you to get your targets and clear bench. You will move down range remove your target and return to bench, remove your gear, hand over the target to the statistics officer and out of the shooters area.
30. The Range officer will call the next set of shooters and repeat the procedure.
ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THE ABOVE RULES CAN LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE EVENT.